On Thursday 14th November 2019, we (Year 6) visited the Yardley Chase Cadet Training Centre for a Community Safety Partnership Day. We learnt so much about staying safe and we would like to tell you about some fantastic websites and free apps:
- Fearless.org (a junior crime-stoppers website).
- What3words (a brilliant free app for your phone that can accurately locate where you are if calling the emergency services).
- “Own It” ( a BBC free app that comes with a special keyboard. This can be used like any other keyboard, but it also gives you helpful tips and friendly advice as you write).
We would also recommend that you:
- Check your smoke alarms are in good working order.
- Create a family fire plan: a family agreement of where to go and what to do in the event of a fire.